Manage Your Health, From Home or on the Go
There’s nothing more personal to you than your health. So shouldn’t you have access to all your personal health information and doctors, quickly and easily, wherever you are?
Health Records Online is a convenient, easy way to access your health information and keep in touch with your doctors through a secure, online connection.
Access the Portal
If you have already enrolled, you can log in below.
Enroll In Person or Online
Two ways to enroll in the portal:
- In person: Provide your email address at registration and we'll email you an invitation to join.
- Online: Enroll in the portal online at any time after registration.
When you enroll, enter your Medical Record Number (MRN) found on our hospital wristband or on documentation provided at discharge. If you don’t know your MRN, contact Registration or the Health Information Management Department for additional information on how to obtain your invitation.
Download Our Mobile App
Access Health Records Online from your iPhone or Android smartphone.
Manage Your Health
Health Records Online enables you to manage your health anytime using your computer, smartphone or tablet. Connect with your doctors no matter where you are, at home, around town, or out of state.
With Health Records Online, you can:
- Find Care – Search for providers and locations nearest to you.
- Pay Bills – Save time by paying your bill online easily and securely.
- View Test Results – Don’t call your provider’s office to get your results. Access them quickly and easily and share with other providers.
- Manage Prescriptions – See your medication history and order refills of current medications.
- Securely Message Your Doctor – Send a private note to your provider and get your questions answered.
- Health Dashboard – Get a high-level view of your health, all in one place.
Health Records Online lets you see a summary of your medical records, including:
- Lab results
- Radiology reports
- Health issues
- Summaries of care you've received
- Discharge instructions
For technical issues or trouble logging in:
Call 888-252-8146 for help, 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
Questions about enrollment?
Contact the hospital Registration Department at the following numbers:
- Cornerstone Regional Hospital: 956-972-6400
- South Texas Health System Children's: 956-388-6803
- South Texas Health System Edinburg: 956-388-6626
- South Texas Health System Heart: 956-994-2431
- South Texas Health System McAllen: 956-632-4023
Questions about your medical records?
Call the hospital Health Information Management Department at the following numbers:
- Cornerstone Regional Hospital: 956-972-6440
- South Texas Health System Children's: 956-388-6642
- South Texas Health System Edinburg: 956-388-6642
- South Texas Health System Heart: 956-632-4076
- South Texas Health System McAllen: 956-632-4076
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is Health Records Online secure?
Yes. Health Records Online is located on a secure website.
Q: Do you share my information with anyone?
Q: Is there a fee to use Health Records Online?
No, the service is completely free of charge.
Q: When can I expect to see my information?
Some information, such as allergy or immunization information, is available shortly after it is documented in the hospital. Other information, such as radiology reports, are available 14 days after the report is finalized.
Q: How do I obtain a copy of my medical records if I cannot access Health Records Online or it does not have everything I need?
The Release of Information staff will be happy to assist you in obtaining your completed medical records upon receipt of valid authorization. South Texas Healthcare System retains your medical records in the Health Information Management Department. These records are kept in strict confidence and are not released without the written consent of the patient, except as required by law.
Please print, complete and sign the Authorization to Disclosure Protected Health Information (PHI) form. Mail or fax the completed form with a copy of your government issued picture identification (driver’s license, government ID card, passport) to the address or fax number below.
If you are trying to obtain records for someone other than yourself, please contact the Release of Information Office at the phone number below. They will provide you with the documentation needed to process your request.
Fees: No fee will be charged for records copied at the request of a healthcare provider or sent to a healthcare provider at the request of a patient for the purpose of continuing care. There is a fee charged for the search and duplication of medical records for personal reasons, attorney requests or insurance requests. For more details regarding the fee, please call the Release of Information Office.
Release of Information Office:
South Texas Health System McAllen
301 W. Expressway 83
McAllen, Texas 78503
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
South Texas Health System Edinburg
1102 W. Trenton Rd.
Edinburg, Texas 78539
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Connect to Your Health Management Apps
We now offer the ability to securely connect your health record data to approved third-party applications. Visit the Google play or Apple app store to download third-party applications.
Applications Connected to Our Health Record
We are not connected to any applications at this time. To request connection to an application that is not listed above, please contact your local Registration or HIM department. If you are a developer looking to connect to our Electronic Health Record, visit code.cerner.com and click the start coding link for more information on this process. For issues with a specific application, please contact the application developer.