24-Hour Emergency Care in Edinburg
South Texas Health System ER McColl serves the south Edinburg and north McAllen area with 24/7 emergency care in a convenient setting. South Texas Health System ER McColl is a full-service emergency room and treats life-threatening injuries and chest pain in addition to minor, but urgent issues. Radiology and lab equipment are available onsite, so patients don’t have to leave their community to get the service they need. Outpatient services are also available.
Directions and Map
South Texas Health System ER McColl
4702 S. McColl Road
Edinburg, TX 78539
The South Texas Health System ER McColl features:
- Six private treatment rooms
- Diagnostic imaging services
- Three rapid medical evaluation (RME) units
- Internal waiting room with treatment spaces
- 24-hour lab services
- Cardiopulmonary monitoring
- Respiratory treatments
- Intravenous medications and fluids
- Ambulance bay
Should you need to be admitted to the hospital, you can be admitted directly to a bed in a South Texas Health System hospital. Patients can also be admitted to any other hospital of their choice. South Texas Health System hospitals include:
- Edinburg Childrens Hospital
- Edinburg Regional Medical Center
- McAllen Heart Hospital
- McAllen Medical Center
- South Texas Behavioral Health Center
The South Texas Health System ER McColl is open 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, unlike most urgent care centers and clinics that are open just eight to 16 hours per day. The ER is staffed with the same medical personnel and equipped with the same diagnostic technology available in South Texas Health System’s hospital-based emergency rooms.
Treatment is available for a wide range of emergency medical conditions, including:
- Heart attack
- Broken bones
- Minor lacerations
- Flu and other ailments
South Texas Health System ER McColl also provides pediatric ER care in a dedicated treatment room. The ER is staffed with credentialed emergency room physicians and can provide stabilizing treatment equivalent to any hospital-based ER.
The South Texas Health System ER McColl offers a comprehensive range of outpatient diagnostic and laboratory services. Outpatient services include:
- Imaging services, such as:
- Digital X-ray
- Computed Tomography (CT) scanning
- Laboratory tests
- Sports physicals
Diagnostic, imaging and lab appointments are available on a same-day, walk-in basis, so you can get test results more quickly. Discounted rates are available for cash payments.
Laboratory Cash Pricing
- Heart Screen Lipid Panel: $15
- Complete Wellness Screen: $20
- Men’s Health Check: $30
- Women’s Health Check: $30
- Diabetes Screening: $15
- Thyroid Panel: $20
- Complete blood count (CBC): $14
Radiology Cash Pricing
- CAT scan with contrast: $300
- CAT scan without contrast: $300
- CAT scan with and without contrast: $350
- X-rays: $50
A physician order is required for all radiology procedures.
- Digital X-ray and CT scanning: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days per week*
Call 956-388-2190 to schedule, or just walk in during the hours listed above.
* If your insurance requires authorization, you may need to wait for approval before we can complete the scan.