At South Texas Health System, We Know Staying Well Is Important
As the largest healthcare system in the Rio Grande Valley, your health is our mission. It is our privilege to care for you and we are honored you have chosen us.
Through our integrated system of nationally recognized facilities — including four acute care facilities, a behavioral health facility, six freestanding emergency rooms, family medicine and specialty physician practices and comprehensive outpatient services — we strive to meet the needs of you, your family and the growing community as those needs change over time. It’s why we added a Wound Healing Center, Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, Outpatient Physical Rehabilitation Programs and Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery Center, and broke ground on a new, five-story patient tower in Edinburg.
Learn more about our facilities:
- South Texas Health System Behavioral →
- South Texas Health System Children's →
- South Texas Health System Edinburg →
- South Texas Health System Heart →
- South Texas Health System McAllen →
- South Texas Health System Clinics →
- Cornerstone Regional Hospital →
South Texas Health System is dedicated to achieving the highest quality of compassionate care for you and your family through innovation and advanced technology. We recognize that a philosophy of Service Excellence combined with visionary leadership is our future if we are to maintain the position as the region’s healthcare leader.
"Having access to comprehensive services and resources like our Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, — the first of its kind in the region — advanced technologies such as the new CardioMEMs™ system, as well as a highly skilled staff of physicians, nurses, and technologists, all focused on the heart and under one roof, creates an efficient setting to help diagnose and treat heart disease." — Brenda Ivory, CEO, STHS Heart
Bottom line: Our goal is to help keep you healthy. It drives us to:
- Recruit providers who are dedicated to their craft and consistently put patients first
- Provide patients with increased access and convenience
- Enhance the overall patient experience
For instance, our electronic medical record (EMR) system enables providers throughout our system to quickly and securely access a patient’s medical history to support more timely diagnosis and treatment. We also offer virtual visits, online scheduling and extended hours as part of our commitment to delivering high-quality, convenient and compassionate healthcare in a warm and inviting environment.
Whether you are in need of a wellness check, a preventive screening, chronic disease management or emergency care, the dedicated medical professionals at South Texas Health System’s facilities throughout the Valley are here to serve you, each and every day.
"Having a stroke was the scariest thing I have ever been through. I didn’t expect to survive, but the doctors, nurses and therapists at South Texas Health System McAllen helped me recover and avoid being a burden to my family." – Alfredo Sanchez
South Texas Health System is proud to claim a distinguished list of firsts in the community:
- First dedicated heart care facility in the state
- First to offer private behavioral health inpatient treatment in the Valley
- First neonatal surgery center in the Valley
- First designated Level III Trauma Center and the only Level II Trauma Center in Hidalgo County
- First and only freestanding facility and emergency department for children in the Valley
- First freestanding emergency departments to be certified in stroke and emergency cardiac care
- First Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation Program in the Valley
- First and only 3T MRI in the county for advanced imaging
- First hybrid operating room, allowing physicians to perform complex procedures using robotics and minimally invasive techniques to help enable patients to experience less pain and a faster recovery*
Our Accreditations and Awards
Year after year, South Texas Health System’s facilities receive awards and accreditations from some of the nation’s highest healthcare standards-setting organizations, including The Leapfrog Group, Healthgrades® and more. These distinctions demonstrate our commitment to patient safety and the delivery of quality healthcare.
To provide superior quality healthcare services that:
- Patients recommend to family and friends
- Physicians prefer for their patients
- Purchasers select for their clients
- Employees are proud of
- Investors seek for long-term returns
Thank you for your interest in South Texas Health System.
Your Health. Our Purpose.
*Individual results may vary. There are risks associated with any surgical procedure. Talk with your doctor about these risks to find out if robotic surgery and/or minimally invasive surgery is right for you.