Welcome to South Texas Health System
South Texas Health System (STHS) is a regional multi-hospital system that is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS). Headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, UHS is one of the largest and most innovative healthcare management companies in the nation.
As a leading hospital system in the Rio Grande Valley, South Texas Health System is recognized for its reputation for excellence in providing quality healthcare to residents of the region. STHS offers specialized services in behavioral health, cardiovascular care, emergency medicine, neuroscience, oncology, pediatric care and women's services, as well as adult and pediatric rehabilitation.
South Texas Health System's facilities include:
- Edinburg Children's Hospital
- Edinburg Regional Medical Center
- McAllen Medical Center
- McAllen Heart Hospital
- Cornerstone Regional Hospital
South Texas Health System has been at the forefront of healthcare in the Rio Grande Valley with a distinguished list of firsts, including:
- First to offer private behavioral health inpatient treatment in the Rio Grande Valley
- First neonatal surgery center in the Valley
- First designated Level III Trauma Center in Hidalgo County
- First and only freestanding hospital for children in the Rio Grande Valley
Employment and private practice opportunities are available at South Texas Health System in various specialties, including:
- Pediatric surgery
- Pediatric endocrinology
- Pediatric neurology
- Orthopedic surgery
- Trauma / Critical care
For more information about opportunities at South Texas Health System, please contact Samantha Barnett, Physician Recruiter, via email or by calling 956-388-2218.